The terms used in the article below correspond to iSYBUY. To find iBAT equivalents, click on this link.
Defining an approval circuit containing several levels and several approvers per level makes it possible to better segment the process of sending and closing a Consultation.
Project approval circuit settings are reserved for users with "ADMIN_CONSULT" Company permissions.
It is possible to customise each approval path using options:
- Those already available for orders, which also apply to Consultation (details and accessible here )
- Start the process when a consultation is launched
- Inform approvers by email when a consultation is launched
- When you change the approval path for consultations (whether approvers or options), you must click on the "Recalculate current approval paths" button for your changes to be taken into account.
- If no approval path is defined at "Project" level, then the approval path at "Branch" level is taken into account. For the "Company" approval path, it is possible to set up several approvers, who will then all be called upon - but there is only one possible level.
In this article :
- Where to set up a "Consultation" approval path
- Focus on three of the possible options
- Concrete example
Where to set up a "Consultation" approval path
The first step is to go to the Admin menu (1) and then to the 'Projects' tab (2).
Select the desired project, then click on "Modify details"
Then click on "Configure the approval path".
In the pop-up window that opens, select the "Consultation" box, then in the "Approval path" tab (1), add the various approvers and approval levels of your choice (2).
Focus on three of the possible options
In the "options" tab, you have a number of options. Here's a closer look at three of them, which can sometimes be confusing.
- Threshold option
There is a parameter setting consisting of defining a Max tender commitment threshold (in €) to be defined in each user file. Setting this threshold means that for any consultation sent whose total is greater than the maximum commitment defined on the user master record, the approval process will be triggered as configured on the project (or if there is none, on the company).
- The "Start the path when a consultation is launched" option
By default, the route is only launched when a consultation is closed. However, if you tick this option, the path will be launched before you go to the supplier for the first time, but also before closing (from the "Result" button in the consultation).
- The "Inform approvers by email when a consultation is launched" option
If this option is ticked, then all approvers (company level & project level) receive notification when a consultation is launched and closed.
If you have set up an approval process, when you close a Consultation, the screen below opens :
- We have provided you with an email template (a), which you can send directly to the approvers on the closure circuit. However, you can modify it if you wish, as you can edit the entire box.
- You can also add attachments (b) and decide whether or not you want them to be visible (c).
- Only projects require the "Consultation" approval path defined at project level.
- Framework contracts and price studies are only subject to the approval path defined at branch level (because they cannot be linked to a project).
Do you have any other questions we haven't thought of? Send us your request at this address. We look forward to hearing from you!
Related keywords :
Consultation - approvals process - branches file - projects file - approver - consult